The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) in Business is a modular programme that will prepare you for the first-year entry to undergraduate degree courses. You will study English for Academic Purposes and 3 other modules that fit in with your choice of degree you intend on pursuing.
The following are the 4 modules of the NCUK IFY Business Stream:
English for Academic Purposes
This specially designed programme will help you:
- develop your skills in Academic English that are required for an undergraduate course at a UK University
- develop vocabulary most relevant to your course of study
- train you in specific skills such as listening to lectures, note-taking, making oral presentations, academic reading and writing
The overall aim is to ensure that you have a solid understanding in many aspects of business studies and feel confident in studying a business-related course at undergraduate level.
- Accounting and Finance
- People and Organisations
- Business and the Legal Environment
- Fundamentals of Management
Mathematics for Business
The overall aim of this module is to equip you with the mathematical knowledge and skills necessary from the aspect of Business which will be useful during the first year of your undergraduate degree course.
- Trigonometric, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Calculus – Differentiation and Integration
- Statistics and Further Differentiation
- Trigonometric Identities and Functions
- Probability, Correlation and Linear Regression
- Probability Distributions and Further Integration
The overall aim of this module is to provide you with an introduction to the basic economic concepts and principles. This module will allow you to study the ever-changing economic issues we face in businesses.
- Micro Economics
- The Theory of Production
- Macro Economics
Who is it for?
Students interested in pursuing an Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management or Business related degrees after the International Foundation Year.
A. High-school entry requirements for International Foundation Year Programme.
Students must normally have successfully completed 12 years of school education. Students with only 11 years of education will be considered NSE (non-standard entry). Complete information on entry requirements is available at this link http://clubclass.com/downloads/en/malta/ncuk-entry-requirements.pdf
B. English Language entry requirements for International Foundation Year Programme.
Participants must meet the minimum English Language requirements to join the International Foundation Year programme. The following scores will help applicants determine if their qualifications match NCUK’s requirements:
- Password – 5.0 (this test can be facilitated by the European College of Malta at the agent’s office)
- IELTS – minimum 5.0 in each module (does not need to be UKVI IELTS)
- TOEFL – 62
- PTE academic – 46
Tuition Fee: € 9,900
NCUK Course,NCUK Exams,IELTS Exam,Course Books and Registration Fee
Registration Fee: € 950
Intakes: September 2019 & January 2020